Starting today through to December 17, 2012, Autohwy launches their Facebook “Like” drive campaign. For the second year in a row, we have partnered with Hamilton Food Share to help make this Holiday season a brighter one for more than 7,600 local children and their families. For each new “Like” that our AutoHwy Facebook page receives, we will donate $2 to the organization. What is so exceptional about this charity is that for every $1 donated to Hamilton Food Share, approximately $5 worth of food will be generated.
For those wanting to know more about Hamilton Food Share, we thought we would share some statistics from the organizations Survey “Depth of Hunger Project!”
- There is a common belief that food bank users are people who have recently moved to our community. The survey results dispel this misperception. On average, survey respondents have lived in Hamilton for 22.9 years.
- 66% of respondents have been coming to a food bank for 6 months or less.
- 57% of parents who go to a food bank said their children go hungry at least once a week because there wasn’t enough money to buy food.
- Children who experience prolonged bouts of hunger get sick more often and for longer periods of time.
- Hungry children have trouble learning since they can’t focus or concentrate.
This is a fantastic cause that both Queenston and Image Honda are proud to support. We would like to thank everyone for their help and look forward to raising a great deal of money for Hamilton Food Share this Holiday season.
By: Amy Cochren