Halloween is an exciting time for kids of all ages, but the rules of the road can be easily forgotten! We want to take this time to remind everyone to be extra alert while driving on the road and keep in mind that the most active times for trick-or-treaters are between 6pm – 9pm. Here are a few friendly road safety tips to keep in mind.
- Stay below the speed limit in subdivisions and leave extra time while traveling to your desired destination.
- Remember using your cellphone without a hands-free device is not only unsafe and distracting – it’s illegal.
- Pay close attention when pulling in and out of driveways to ensure all the ghosts and ghouls are well out of the way.
- Yield for pedestrians, they may cross the street anywhere and this can be unpredictable.
- Use your mirrors, turning signals and hazard lights – communicate with the other drivers on the road by using eye contact.
We at Image Honda, Queenston on Centennial and Queenston on the Mountain would like to wish everyone a safe Halloween full of tricks and treats!